Podiascan - Plantar Pressure System
Simple Plantar Pressure System - Podiascan
Feet provide the primary surface of interaction with the environment during locomotion. Thus, it is important to diagnose foot problems at an early stage for injury prevention, risk management and general wellbeing.
Although plantar pressure data have been recognized as an important element in the assessment of clients with diabetes and peripheral neuropathy, information derived from plantar pressure data also can assist in determining and managing the impairments associated with various musculoskeletal and neurological disorders. Plantar pressure measurement systems identify and quantify areas of high pressure, helping you diagnose the root cause of lower extremity problems and design more effective offloading devices.
The footscan system Podiascan system provides podiatrist and biomechanists with an economical and efficient method to measure static / dynamic plantar foot pressure distribution. The foot scanner system Podiascan produces instantaneous and permanent high resolution image(foot scan) of the pressure distribution across the plantar surface.
Original design and first to introduce in India as early as 2005.
- Uses Foot Imprinter recording paper
- Low cost device
- Software supports Windows Xp, 7, 8 and 10 operated computer
- Footwear measurement can be entered in the software
- ABI, VPT, MF scores and measurements can be added in the report
- Software converts even a very light image without dropping the image
- Export in pdf option
- Patient report can be directly emailed from software to a footwear supplier
- Data backup and restoree
- Original design
Diagnostic uses include:
- Identifying areas of potential ulceration
- Pre and Post surgical evaluation
- Determining the degree of pronation and supination
- Screening diabetics and other neuropathy patients
- Monitoring regenerative foot disorders
- Determination of orthotic efficacy
PODIASCAN system is supplied with Foot Imprinter Harris Mat(with accessories), An interface box to computer, A hard lock licensed software to capture the gray image, convert the grey scale into a color scale and to generate a patient report. Foot Scanner PODIASCAN require a windows operated computer and an all-in-one scanner copier and printer. We prefer an all-in-one printer system from HP, however the software supports other brand also.