Thermometry - HCP
Neuropathy Analyser Item Code: VIBROTHERM Dx
Failure to perceive variances in temperature in the extremities is the most decisive early symptom of distal symmetric polyneuropathy, a typical ailment accompanying diabetes mellitus (Ziegler 1988).
Small-fiber Test provides an easy-to-use and scientifically validated measure of warm, cool and heat pain thermal sensory thresholds, all clinically useful determinants in the evaluation of diabetic neuropathy.
Vibration Perception Threshold (VPT) has been shown to be strongly associated with foot ulceration. VPT determination by using a Digital Biothesiometer has been used to identify peripheral sensory neuropathy and subjects at risk of foot. Digital Biothesiometer helps us quantitate the threshold and monitor progressive changes or trends on following up testing.
Sensory neuropathy increases the risk of foot ulcerations by seven folds and peripheral arterial disease (PAD) by three folds in people with diabetes. Peripheral neuropathy is the major causal factors in the development of foot ulcerations among diabetic subjects.
Early detection helps better prevention. Prevention is better than no cure. 50% of all non-traumatic amputations occur in diabetes who is a high risk group
This model is a Proprietary item and solely manufactured by us in India.
- Full solid state design with PC enabled
- Easy Tool to quantify diabetic Neuropathy
- 1 ~ 50° C calibrated temperature output range
- 1° C rate of change per second
- Remote keypad helps easy operation
- Single probe delivers both Hot & Cold temperatures
- Automatic interpretation based on set values
- Early detection of Small Fibre Neuropa
- Software supports Windows XP(SP3) / Win 7 / Win 8 / Win10
- Patient report storage, export, pdf options available
- USB interface